About the Riding Program at Providence Hill Farm
Providence Hill Farm is a full-service hunter and jumper equestrian facility located in Jackson, Mississippi. We provide boarding, training and lessons. Our trainers and staff are committed to providing the highest quality training and care available for our horses and riders in a nurturing and warm environment. Honesty, integrity and a commitment to Christian principles form the basis for all of our programs.
Providence Hill Farm's new stable is the most up to date and complete facility in the South, with the following features:
- 36-stall heated barn with 14’ by 12’ stalls, indoor and outdoor wash racks, grooming stalls, and heated and air conditioned tack rooms, office and lounge;
- Grand Prix Jumping Field with a bank, water jump, natural log jumps and over 35 other jumps;
- 280’ by 180’ all-weather footing outdoor ring;
- 250’ by 100’ covered arena;
- Two grass footing arenas; and
- Covered European Walker with enclosed round pen.
The facility is designed to produce excellence from all of our horses and riders, young and old, experienced and learning.
Located on several thousand acres, Providence Hill Farm offers extensive trail riding and outdoor riding opportunities.
Our staff works with leading veterinarians, farriers and other equine specialists to keep all of our horses healthy and happy and capable of performing at their highest level. Our love of horses and consideration of their well-being always takes precedence.
The Mississippi College Equestrian Program Proudly Welcomes:
Otis Brown Jr
for a two day clinic on January 25 and 26, 2014
About Otis Brown Jr:
Otis Brown Jr is a 30 year veteran trainer and "R" judge. As the owner of Brass Lantern Farm, he has worked with numerous top riders in the hunters, jumpers and equitation divisions. His success as a trainer spans from wins in the International Hunter Futurity, success at Maclay finals and Indoors, to riders competing in the Olympic Trails.
- Rider Fee: $300 for 2 days of the clinic. Includes auditing for one guest both days. Breakfast and lunch both days for rider and guest.
- Auditor Fee: $35/day, includes breakfast and lunch, as well as water and snacks throughout the day.
- Stabling Options: $75 for weekend or $35/day for day stall. Shavings are $6/bag.
- Space is limited, please mail registration form as soon as possible.
|8:00am to 9:00am:
||Light breakfast provided in lounge
|9:00am to 11:00am:
||Group One (2'-2'3)
|11:15am to 1:15pm:
||Group Two (2'6 to 2'9)
|1:15pm to 2:15pm:
||Lunch break in lounge
|2:30pm to 4:30pm:
||Group Three (3' to 3'3)
|*Group levels and heights may change depending on the different levels of riders in the clinic. All participants will be notified of any changes to levels.
Download Registration Form
For questions about the clinic, contact: Tina Davey, Mississippi College Equestrian Program Director
Please mail registration forms and payment to:
- Providence Hill Farm 2600 Carsley Road Jackson, MS 39209